About Professional TakeOff Services (PTOS)
Professional TakeOff Services is a firm of experienced Quantity Surveyors and Estimators. Our estimators have a minimum of 10 years experience in general contracting and/or sub-contracting. Our professional estimators are ready to immediately assist you by providing carefully and precisely planned quantity takeoff services today.
The Quantity Takeoff process is an activity performed by General Contractors, Subcontractors, Cost Consultants, and Quantity Surveyors as part of the bidding/budgeting process. The bidding/budgeting process involves quantifying the number of items associated with a particular construction project, determining the associated material and labor costs, and formulating a bid/budget. A detailed and accurate quantity takeoff is critical to this process. Today, a quantity takeoff is typically done manually using a printout, a red pen, and a clicker. A digitizer is also used for taking measurements from paper plans.
At Professional TakeOff Services we utilize state-of-the-art takeoff software to streamline the takeoff process. This allows us to create detailed takeoffs for our clients that are easy to read and understand. Additionally, www.woolrichoutlet.com.de we are easily able to customize our takeoffs to meet the individual needs of our clients.
For some examples of our takeoffs, please click here for takeoff examples.
Why outsource your estimation needs?
There are practical considerations to be made when choosing to outsource takeoff estimations. When business is good, you may be able to have an in-house estimator. Other times it is wise to not take on another employee. Alternately, it is often very wise to acquire a second estimate for comparison.
Other reasons include:
- Contractors with overloaded estimating departments.
- Contractors without on-staff estimators.
- Architects / Designers can use our service to come up with budgets for their clients.
- Contractors can use our service to double check current estimates.
- General Contractors can use our service to double check the estimates/change orders of their subcontractors.
- Contractors who receive addenda plans on current projects can use our service to compare and quantify what has changed, been deleted or been added.
- Contractors can also use our service for actual plan quantity takeoffs once awarded a job, i.e., a job is bid on a per sq. ft. price, once awarded, our service can be used to do quantity takeoffs for cu. yd. of concrete, lf of form boards, sq. ft. of finishes, etc.